Freezing Avocados....

(Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to click on the header to see my daily blog entries about cooking, crafting, mothering, housekeeping,and creating. Please stop by daily and comment as you like.)










Avocados are my favorite food. Have I ever mentioned that? Well, they are. And at Sam's Club I have discovered that these little jewels that are normally priced at about $2 a pop are sold in a bag of 5 for under $4.00.
I recently bought 4 bags and as the avocados ripen, I pulse them in the food processor with salt, lime juice, and pepper for a yummy guacamole. And the best part is, it freezes beautifully. The trick is to immediately put the guac. into a freezer bag and get all the air out before sealing it. Air makes it turn that yucky unappetizing brown color.
Now, I have lots of guacomole to look forward to all winter long! I think I may dice some as well and freeze it that way to have with salads.