Put A Bird On It

Do you put a bird on it? That Portlandia sketch, (ummm...if you haven't seen it yet...go do that first and then come back here.), always pops into my head when I see a bird on a journal, on an IKEA lampshade or an Anthropologie bracelet.
Recently I was commissioned for some work (you can read that here) for Trawick and Martin, a luxury gift company based here in the bluegrass, and it got me thinking once again about...birds.

What do you put a bird on?

Beautiful photo from one of my favorite new sites, Griottes, Palatte Culinaire



I read an article in The Guardian about these two brother in Norway that devoted their lives to
bird watching and bird feeding. It was beautiful story.

Better Homes and Gardens bird feed storage idea. Easy peasy.

I love the idea of a bird watching picnic. You can follow my picnic Pinterest board here.

This might be a little too close for my liking...sweet pic nonetheless (found on Pinterest)